Bon Appetit Restaurant Careers
At Bon Appétit Restaurant, we are always looking for talented individuals to work with us. We are committed to fostering a positive working environment built upon respect, a commitment to excellence, and pride in our restaurant. Our goal is to provide a workplace where our employees have the opportunity to grow and learn from our team of chefs and managers.
If you are a self-starter who is detail oriented, committed to excellence, and passionate about food and service, please submit your resume via the online application form.
Current Job Openings
- Minimum of 1 year in a food preparation position in a restaurant setting.
- Must be able to work all shifts as scheduled.
- Pay based on experience.
- Responsible for all grilled, broiled, roasted or fried items prepared in the kitchen. Portioning food items prior to cooking of what is on the menu. Assist in banquet preparation and cooking. Cooks vegetables. Other duties include carving, plating and garnishing dishes. Assist with soup and sauce making. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen workstation and food storage area.
- Complies with quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies and select cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables used in the preparation of menu items.
- Prepares garnishes for broiled and roasted dishes.
- Prepares other items needed at broiler station such as vegetables, starches, appetizers or desserts that may be glazed in the broiler.
- Sets up and maintain soups throughout the day, as well as appropriate garnishes.
- Broil and plate meats, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables, along with appropriate garnish.
- Roasts, carves and plates meats, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables.
- Maintains a sanitary work environment including areas where food is prepared and stored.
- Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to cut, slice, broil, roast, carve, skewer, garnish foods. Maintains holding temperature for foods, grills, or otherwise produces food in the broiler station.
- Assist in any other capacity required in the operation.
- Tastes all food prepared to ensure flavor, texture, and consistency and see that items meet established quality standards.
Qualifications and Skills
Education and/or Experience: High School graduate (GED), a degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is desirable. Minimum of 1 year in a food preparation position in a restaurant setting.
Working Conditions: Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and dining room staff; stand and walk-in kitchen for periods over 8 hours; lift pots, pans, etc. up to 40 pounds in weight; possess finger dexterity to use small tools adeptly; read and follow verbal and written instructions; possess good smell and taste abilities and be able to do repetitive motions.
Reports to General Manager
Responsible for clearing, cleaning and setting up guest seating areas. Responsible for cleaning and adequately stocking wait staff service areas.
Clears guest tables of soiled glassware, chinaware, silverware, napkins and disposable items of service and transporting to dish room or appropriate area.
Cleans and sets up guest seating areas
Cleans and adequately stocks wait staff service areas
Performs daily housekeeping duties as directed by supervisor
Education and /or Experience:
Entry level position. Previous food service experience not required
Must have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors, employees, dining room staff and guests.
Must be able to stand, bend, see, hear and move about dining area and kitchen for periods of over eight hours and lift up to 40 pounds in weight. Must have a good sense of smell, taste, and touch.
The Bon Appetit Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.
Unless all questions are completed, the application will not be reviewed for a potential job with us. Make sure to bring documents that establish your identity and employment authorization when coming for an interview.
YOU MUST ATTACH A RESUME TO USE THIS APPLICATION FORM. If you do not have a resume, please apply in person Monday through Thursday, 2- 4 pm at the Restaurant.