Bon Appetit Restaurant Careers
At Bon Appétit Restaurant, we are always looking for talented individuals to work with us. We are committed to fostering a positive working environment built upon respect, a commitment to excellence, and pride in our restaurant. Our goal is to provide a workplace where our employees have the opportunity to grow and learn from our team of chefs and managers.
If you are a self-starter who is detail oriented, committed to excellence, and passionate about food and service, please submit your resume via the online application form.
Current Job Openings
Prepare, mix and serve drinks and beverages correctly to either customers directly or through serving staff.
· Greet customers and present menus make recommendations and answer all related inquiries;
· Check identification of customers to verify they are of legal drinking age
· Take orders from serving staff or directly from customers, record drink orders accurately into register system:
· Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes, peel, slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks;
· Serve food to customers seated at the bar, respond promptly to requests from customers in a polite and professional fashion:
· Attempt to limit problems related to customers’ excessive drinking by following established procedures, process transactions using the POS system;
· Process customer payments, arrange glasses and bottles into attractive and functional displays; Ensure clean glasses, bar equipment and working areas, comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies;
· Balance the cash register at the start and close of each shift, order and restock bar inventory.
Required Skills and Experience
· High School Diploma, minimum age requirement of 21 years
· Working knowledge of standard drink recipes, working knowledge of bar equipment and cash-handling skills
· Able to work flexible schedules including weekends and holidays
Full time availability is a must, customer service orientation, communication skills, interpersonal skills, team player, and high energy level, handle a fast-paced work environment, reliability, honesty and integrity
Working Conditions: Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to customers supervisors, and employees; stand and walk for periods over 8 hours; lift up to 30 pounds in weight; possess finger dexterity to use small tools adeptly; read and follow written instructions; Ability to do repetitive motions.
Only local candidates will be considered. Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this posting or employer about this position. No phone calls please.
Reports to General Manager
Responsible for clearing, cleaning and setting up guest seating areas. Responsible for cleaning and adequately stocking wait staff service areas.
Clears guest tables of soiled glassware, chinaware, silverware, napkins and disposable items of service and transporting to dish room or appropriate area.
Cleans and sets up guest seating areas
Cleans and adequately stocks wait staff service areas
Performs daily housekeeping duties as directed by supervisor
Education and /or Experience:
Entry level position. Previous food service experience not required
Must have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors, employees, dining room staff and guests.
Must be able to stand, bend, see, hear and move about dining area and kitchen for periods of over eight hours and lift up to 40 pounds in weight. Must have a good sense of smell, taste, and touch.
The Bon Appetit Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.
Unless all questions are completed, the application will not be reviewed for a potential job with us. Make sure to bring documents that establish your identity and employment authorization when coming for an interview.
YOU MUST ATTACH A RESUME TO USE THIS APPLICATION FORM. If you do not have a resume, please apply in person Monday through Thursday, 2- 4 pm at the Restaurant.